Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lots of Cute Stuff

This entry is just a hodge-podge of stuff... A has done so many cute things this week that I wanted to share.

First of all... I'm digressing away from the cute part for a minute... he grew just enough this week that he can now turn our door knobs enough to open every door in this house. This is bringing the baby proofing to a whole new level. One night this week T and I were in the kitchen and we heard a door open and walked into the living room to see A walking out the front door! YIKES! That was scary. You will be glad to know that we have since put baby proofing devices on all of the important door knobs.

Back to the cute stuff.....

Most of you know that I am on the hunt for the perfect shade of beige to paint my living room. I keep all of my paint samples in a basket in our room. This morning A was holding the different paint samples up to the wall and looking at them! I think he's seen mommy do that one too many times recently. This reminded me of the time that he got hold of a pair of tweezers and pretended that he was plucking his chin after spending the morning with my mom. Sorry mom for outting you!

We bought him a playhouse a few weeks ago. He loves it! (Pictures to come soon). The only downfall is that he wants me to get in it all the time. That wouldn't be so bad except that he gets out and moves on to play with other toys and expects me to continue to sit in the house! Its quite a sight to see..... me in the playhouse with my knees tucked under my chin while he is off doing his own thing.

His vocabulary is continuing to expand and he is piecing sentences together more and more. He said "Poo-Poo" today. If you don't have kids this will seem like a totally inappropriate topic to blog about, but those with kids know its part of daily conversation. Things for the childless to look forward to :)

He is becoming quite the tattle tale! He tattles on himself whenever he is about to do something that is not allowed. Whenever I hear "No,No,No" I turn around to see his insubordination. Usually its putting his foot on the dinner table. That is the latest thing that he continues to do to test us. Sometimes he even gives himself a spanking!

I think I"m going to make edible play dough tomorrow after naptime. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: