Friday, August 8, 2008

Kids really do say the darndest things!!!!

One of A's new favorite things to do, is to look at pictures of our friends and family and name everyone in the picture. He has taken a special liking to the older of my two younger sisters, B, aka, Aunt T.T. I"m still trying to figure that one out.... Just kidding T.T. :) Anyway, he naturally gravitates to pictures of her and stands there pointing and saying "T.T., T.T., T.T." until I say, "Yes honey, that's Aunt T.T." We do this several times a day.

Its funny how kids make associations with people. For those of you that haven't met my sister, Brittany is tall, thin and has shoulder length dark brown hair. When we were at church Sunday, he was pointing to everyone, who from behind, had the same profile as my sister and saying "T.T., T.T, T.T."

I had the newest issue of "US Weekly" on the table the other day. On the cover was Halle Berry in a bikini featuring her "post baby body" and Britney Spears in a bikini featuring her "newer more svelte body." A pointed to Halle Berry and said "T.T" I said "Honey that's not T.T." I didn't want to lead the poor child astray, afterall. Then he pointed to Britney Spears and said "MaMa." I said "You're exactly right honey. That's MaMa."

Oh well....

2 comments:

phillips phamily said...

Britney is not as bad as my child's "version" of me. Every time we pass the Kaminski Jewelry billboard, she says, "That's you, Mommy." NICE!

Garrett said...

LOVE the design of your blog! Isn't it hilarious what comes out of their mouths?! They keep us humble, that is for sure!