Monday, August 25, 2008

Fun in the Rain

Luckily for us the lake is one place you can go and still have fun when its raining!!!

T and I were invited to his cousin's house on Lake Martin in Dadeville, AL this weekend. We dropped A off at Grandma and Grandpa's house on Saturday morning and headed out for our little getaway. Typical to our luck, the one weekend we decide to go to the lake, its rains the entire time!!!

Despite the crummy weather we had a great time. T's family graciously opened up their home, boat, and jet skis to us. The lake water was so warm and inviting that we decided to venture out despite the pouring rain. There is something so relaxing about being out on the open water and getting bounced around on the back of a jet ski! Because the water was so rough and choppy we got splashed a lot and stayed warm from the wind and rain.

I got plenty of "guy time" this weekend. I've never been a huge fan of being the only gal hanging out with a group of guys, but if I had to do it, this would be the group of guys I would want to be around. Even though we've been married 3 years, I've never really had the opportunity to get to know T's cousins Brian, Bobby, and Andrew. Maybe its because they live such exciting and elaborate lives...

Brian lives in Denver, Colorado and is an operations manager for Home Depot there. He is a real outdoorsman and has lots of neat stories to share. Bobby just completed his MBA, lives in Decatur and has a posh job for a private investment firm and frequently travels the world for work. Andrew went to undergrad at Notre Dame University, is in the Navy, and is currently attending medical school at Emory. It was really neat getting to know them and they are all 3 such gentlemen! I was asked on more than on occasion if I needed a sweater, if I was comfortable, if I needed something to drink, etc. That part was kinda fun :) The matchmaker in me was dying to break free and start making matches, but I contained myself.

A had fun with the grandparents. Grandpa taught him how to do the touchdown symbol. Grandma bought him 2 new toys; a firetruck and an alphabet toy. As usual he got lots of attention and love. We're so fortunate to have them so close by!

I can't believe its time to start another week. This should be a light week for me at work so I'm looking forward to lots of time with A.

Blog ya later! ( I know... cheezy)

No comments: