Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Downhill

Nights two and three in the big boy bed were successful! Both nights he got up once about 3 hours after going to bed. I can live with that.

Last night was another story... I laid in bed heartbroken listening to my child scream from his room. He came into our room around 11:00 and I took him back to his bed and it went downhill from there. He ran out of his new room (formerly the guest room/play room) into the nursery and reached for his crib saying "bed, bed, bed..." He wanted back in his crib. That broke my heart! I told Hub Luv that we were just going to buy a new crib for the baby and let A sleep in a crib until he's 5. Fortunately, he disagreed and we stuck to our guns and made A sleep in his twin bed. It was so pitiful though. I feel now like I did when he was a newborn and we started letting him cry it out when he went to sleep.

I'm praying tonight goes better! Does anyone have any suggestions to offer about transitiong from a crib to a twin bed?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ohhh the fun!! We ended up having to lock Brodie in his room. I will share stories later. Good Luck!