Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A broken bone

A has a broken leg! And I have a broken heart.

I seriously deserve the worst mother in the world award! What I thought was a sprained/twisted ankle that the doctors wouldn't be able to do anything for, turned out to be a broken leg. Yep, he broke his leg right above his ankle. He has a little red cast that he will be in for at least 2 weeks until we go back to the orthopedic doctor for more x-rays. Its pitiful and cute all at the same time!

We have already seen a huge improvement in his demeanor now that he has a cast and the "boo-boo" is stabilized. He was crawling around like a mad man last night. He put weight on it a couple of times, but he hasn't attempted to walk on it yet. He is back at daycare today and I'm hoping that in an attempt to keep up with his buddies, he will start walking again.

As a side note, am I the only mother that feels like I always make the wrong decisions when it comes to my child? If I break down and call the pediatrician, I either feel like "that mom" who over-reacts to every little thing or like a horrible mother for not having had rushed my child in immediately. UGH..

2 comments:

Lou Lou said...

remember how I left the peds. office angry and never saw a doctor... then I had to take my baby to the ER that night. I blame it on my stubborness. No you are not a bad mom. We are all just trying to figure this parenting thing out the best we can.

Ashley Family said...

The one time I didn't insist on see a dr. we ended up with a three week old in the ER. Ever since then I go with my instint no matter what the nurse on the phone says!