Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Taking the plunge......

Yes, that's right. I am taking the plunge and stepping into modern day technology and creating a blog!



All of you are so sweet to ask about A and want to know how he's doing on a regular basis. Now that we are full into the toddler phase, there just isn't enough time in the day to stay in touch with everyone. So hopefully you can check out my blog periodically for the latest and greatest with the Rusch's. Plus, it just seems like a fun thing to do :)

A quick update on where we are today.....

A is 20 months old today! Everyone keeps asking me at what point you stop tracking their age in months. I don't know the answer to that, but my guess is 2 years. Up until that point they go to the pediatrician so often for the "well baby" check-ups and there are so many monthly critical developmental milestones to track that, as a parent, each month feels critical to your child's development. Hopefully that will let up soon!

We have officially nicknamed Aiden "The Destroyer" as he is destroying our house faster than T and I can run behind him and clean it up. I pick-up up tupperware at least 18 times a day as he loves to pull every piece out of my cabinet several times a day. Up until now, I have spared that cabinet from the baby proofing so he could have something to do while I make dinner, but for my sanity, that one may get bolted down also.

A's vocabulary is expanding every day now! He can very clearly say about 12 words including "Hi, Bye-Bye, Mama, Daddy, light, Big Bird, La La (which is for Elmo), Yum Yum (which is for Cookie Monster), T.T. (for my sister B), keys, duck, dog. And several others that without a translation from T or myself, you wouldn't know what he was saying :)

This truly is a fun age, but it is very exhausting. Some nights we literally fall into bed. Still, all the hugs and kisses make every single moment worthwhile!

A and I are off to my mom's house on Thursday for an entire week. We can't wait to get there! They haven't seen A since Easter and man ole' man, are they in for a surprise! I hope GiGi gets the house babyproofed this week :)

I'll be in touch soon!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Welcome to the blogosphere friend...I love it.

Christi said...

What a great idea!!! I love it! You guys have fun in West Virginia!