Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cannibal???

We are in WV and are having a blast!!! We were supposed to come home tomorrow, but have decided to postpone our visit for a few days. A is having a wonderful time being surrounded by all of my family. It took him about 5 minutes to warm up to everyone and now he is liberally giving kisses to all!!!! However, he warmed up so well that he decided to start biting again!!!

UGH... I can't figure out this biting thing. Everytime I turn around that mouth is wide open and going for flesh! Is he lacking some vital nutrient in his diet that is causing him to crave human flesh, is he a cannibal, or is this just a phase??? We had 3 incidents last week at daycare in which A bit sweet little AJ. He got put in time-out there for his offense and when I picked him up, I pointed to the imprint of his mouth on Alice's arm and again scolded him to remind him that we do not bite!!!


All of you have heard me speak of my 6 year old nephew, J, whom I absolutely adore. He has always been so sweet with A and to our surprise, has not been jealous at all. A bit him 3 times the first two days we were here. Unlike his victims at daycare, J is old enough to realize what was happening and pull away before A was able to break the skin, but still, the intent was the same so he had to be punished.

I'm so praying this phase passes soon. If anyone has any endured the biting phase with their own and has any tips/suggestions, I am all ears!

I'll write more about our trip later!

No comments: