Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Laundry and Lysol

Oh my... we have been in the sick house! Well, I should say poor sweet A has been in the sick house.

He woke up on Saturday morning with a stomach virus and had it coming out of both ends. My hub had to work all day Saturday, so I had a very busy day here by myself. I believe I only did 5 loads of laundry on Saturday compared to the 7 that I did on Sunday. It was accident after accident. My washer and dryer were running all weekend.

He was still too sick to go to daycare yesterday so I stayed home with him and we attempted to send him for half a day today, but got a call at 10am that he was running a fever of 102.

I believe that there are not many things in this life that hurt a parent's heart more than seeing our children sick or hurting. As I have been rocking my baby and praying over him this weekend, telling him how I wish I could make it all better, I couldn't help but be reminded that my Heavely Father has the same tender heart toward me! As an adult who has experienced hurts and disappointments in life, its hard to re-connect with that child like faith and feel like we are His babies.

As my mind continued to ponder that thought, I also stumbled onto how much it must hurt Him to see us hurt at our own expense. I truly believe as parents that some of the hardest and most effective parenting tools will be to let our children make mistakes (at the appropriate age, of course). I wonder how many times the Lord is wanting to make it all go away for me, but I"m too busy pursuing my own way to know.

One of the things I love most about the Lord is that He is able to use a very icky weekend of laundry and lysol to speak to me. One of the greatest blessings of being a parent is that it gives us a teeny tiny little microscopic glimpse of how much the Creator of the Universe loves us. He sent His son to die for us. When I really ponder that, it takes me breath away!

Romans 8:32

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

No comments: